Before reading the article:
What do the three advertisements pictured above have in common? Use a Venn diagram or some other graphic organizer to compare and contrast them. Consider the following questions:
• What product is each advertisement selling?
• Who is the target audience for the advertisement?
• What strategies are being used by the company to market the product?
• What overall message is the ad trying to convey?
Then, summarize the major similarities you found among the advertisements. Are they surprising to you? Why or why not?
Now read the article “How Big Tobacco Hooked Children on Sugary Drinks” and answer the following questions:
1. According to the article, what else do the three advertisements pictured above have in common?
2. Researchers say it is important to chart how these companies created and marketed junk food and sugary drinks to youngsters. Why?
3. Why do companies want to advertise their products to potential consumers starting at a young age?
4. Why were tobacco companies especially good at selling sugary drinks to children?
5. In 1963, R.J. Reynolds took over the company that made Hawaiian Punch. What were some of the tactics it used to market this product? Give an example and explain how it specifically appealed to children.
6. In 1985, Philip Morris acquired the company that sold Kool-Aid and Tang. What marketing strategies from its cigarette marketing did it apply to its advertising of the drinks?
7. In comparing the ways Big Tobacco companies marketed cigarettes and sugary drinks, what point are the authors of the study trying to make? What evidence from the article supports your response?
Finally, tell us more about what you think:
The vaping industry has become the latest subject of scrutiny for youth-directed advertising. In the article “F.D.A. Cracks Down on ‘Juuling’ Among Teenagers” from April 24, 2018, Kate Zernike writes:
Recognizing what it called “the troubling reality” that electronic cigarettes have become “wildly popular with kids,” the Food and Drug Administration on Tuesday announced a major crackdown on the vaping industry, particularly on the trendy Juul devices, aimed at curbing sales to young people. …
The agency also demanded that Juul Labs turn over company documents about the marketing and research behind its products, including reports on focus groups and toxicology, to determine whether Juul is intentionally appealing to the youth market despite its statements to the contrary and despite knowing its addictive potential. …
Schools across the country say they were blindsided by the number of students turning up with Juuls last fall. Nicknamed the iPhone of e-cigarettes, Juuls resemble thumb drives, produce little plume, and smell like fruit or other flavorings, making them so concealable that students can vape in class. Students who would never think to smoke a cigarette post videos of themselves doing tricks with vaping devices on social media. Schools, fearing students are becoming addicted to nicotine, are suspending students as young as middle school for vaping. …
Schools and public health advocates contend that the vaping industry is the latest incarnation of Big Tobacco, developing and promoting its products to create new markets for a younger generation. Juul comes in kid-friendly flavors like mango and crème brûlée. The labels on other e-cigarette flavorings resemble popular candy brands like Jolly Rancher and Blow Pops.
Take a look at these advertisements and packaging for vaping products:
Compare the advertisements and packaging to those used by the Big Tobacco companies cited in the article:
• What similarities and differences do you notice in the products, advertising strategies, messages and intended audience?
• Do you think Juul’s advertising campaign is trying to appeal to young people? Why or why not?
• If so, what changes would you make to the advertisements, packaging or products to make e-cigarettes less appealing to teenagers?B:
极限六肖三中一【申】【请】【完】【结】，【请】【编】【辑】【大】【大】【批】【准】，【再】【不】【批】【准】【就】【要】【超】【过】【七】【天】【未】【更】【新】【了】，【感】【谢】【大】【大】。 【新】【书】【节】【选】【章】【节】： 【尹】【小】【西】【有】【些】【吞】【吞】【吐】【吐】【得】【请】【罪】【道】，“【请】【皇】【上】【恕】【罪】。” 【皇】【上】【坐】【到】【了】【榻】【上】，【端】【起】【茶】【杯】【品】【了】【一】【口】，“【何】【罪】【之】【有】【啊】？” 【尹】【小】【西】【低】【低】【得】【垂】【着】【头】，【心】【虚】【得】【不】【敢】【直】【视】【皇】【上】，【嗓】【音】【刻】【意】【捏】【着】，【听】【着】【有】【些】【委】【屈】【惹】【人】【怜】，“【之】【前】【臣】【妾】
【这】【个】【突】【然】【的】【发】【现】【稍】【微】【是】【打】【乱】【了】【一】【下】【自】【己】【后】【续】【的】【一】【个】【想】【法】，【但】【梦】【园】【心】【里】【快】【速】【升】【级】【的】【这】【个】【第】【一】【目】【标】【仍】【然】【没】【有】【改】【变】。 【虽】【然】【自】【己】【在】【升】【到】【七】【十】【级】【之】【前】，【等】【级】【优】【势】【是】【和】【任】【何】【一】【个】【普】【通】【玩】【家】【差】【不】【多】【的】。【但】【联】【盟】【之】【力】【这】【个】BUFF【可】【是】【仅】【在】【南】【极】【大】【陆】【上】【面】【才】【能】【享】【受】【到】【的】，【在】【隆】【兰】【大】【陆】【上】【面】【的】【玩】【家】【是】【完】【全】【享】【受】【不】【到】【这】【个】【加】【成】【的】。 【自】【己】
【慕】【颜】【原】【本】【以】【为】【江】【景】【珩】【不】【会】【带】【孩】【子】，【结】【果】—— 【孩】【子】【哭】【了】，【他】【抱】【着】【哄】。 【孩】【子】【饿】【了】，【他】【喂】【奶】。 【孩】【子】【尿】【了】，【他】【换】【尿】【不】【湿】。 【他】【好】【像】【什】【么】【都】【会】，【完】【全】【没】【她】【这】【个】【妈】【妈】【的】【事】【儿】。 【所】【以】【晚】【上】【慕】【颜】【都】【睡】【的】【香】【香】【的】，【至】【于】【照】【顾】【孩】【子】【的】【事】【儿】，【全】【部】【是】【由】【江】【景】【珩】【包】【圆】【儿】【了】。 【为】【这】【事】【儿】，【她】【妈】【没】【少】【数】【落】【她】。 “【这】【景】【珩】【白】【天】极限六肖三中一【只】【不】【过】【也】【因】【为】【她】【选】【择】【了】【绽】【放】【人】【生】【的】【光】【彩】，【才】【会】【遭】【遇】【那】【么】【多】，【更】【走】【上】【了】【一】【条】【无】【法】【回】【头】【的】【路】，【彻】【彻】【底】【底】【地】【无】【法】【回】【头】。 【很】【多】【人】【总】【是】【说】【不】【能】【误】【入】【歧】【途】【走】【上】【罪】【犯】【的】【道】【路】，【因】【为】【那】【是】【一】【条】【无】【法】【回】【头】【的】【不】【归】【路】，【但】【她】【自】【己】【经】【历】【了】【那】【么】【多】，【知】【道】【了】【无】【法】【回】【头】【的】【路】【原】【来】【不】【只】【是】【罪】【犯】【的】【专】【用】，【任】【何】【一】【个】【人】【都】【可】【以】，【只】【不】【过】【看】【是】【什】【么】【样】【的】【事】【什】
【这】【种】【时】【候】，【突】【然】【莫】【名】【的】【有】【点】【儿】【想】【哭】，【不】【管】【对】【于】【自】【己】【是】【满】【意】【还】【是】【不】【满】【意】，【总】【是】【会】【惆】【怅】【良】【多】，【也】【许】【不】【管】【经】【历】【多】【少】【次】【都】【无】【法】【习】【惯】【这】【一】【刻】。 【全】【文】【完】。 【这】【三】【个】【字】【打】【出】【来】【很】【轻】【松】，【但】【是】【感】【受】【一】【点】【儿】【都】【不】【轻】【松】，【每】【一】【本】【书】【一】【开】【始】【都】【是】【兴】【致】【盎】【然】，【充】【满】【了】【新】【鲜】【感】，【满】【脑】【子】【都】【是】【骚】【操】【作】，【想】【要】【把】【它】【写】【出】【来】【给】【大】【家】【看】，【但】【是】【越】【到】【后】【面】【就】
【空】【间】【锁】【定】？ 【陆】【之】【遥】【虽】【然】【是】【第】【一】【次】【听】【到】【这】【个】【词】，【但】【单】【从】【字】【面】【上】【就】【已】【经】【知】【道】【它】【所】【代】【表】【的】【意】【思】。 【看】【来】【谁】【都】【不】【傻】，【特】【别】【是】【这】【种】【活】【了】【万】【年】【的】【老】【妖】【怪】，【都】【想】【玩】【瓮】【中】【捉】【鳖】，【那】【就】【看】【到】【底】【谁】【是】【鳖】【了】。 【陆】【之】【遥】【转】【身】【飞】【速】【调】【出】【兵】【工】【厂】【下】【方】【从】【来】【没】【有】【对】【外】【人】【开】【放】【过】【的】【地】【形】【图】，【那】【错】【综】【复】【杂】【的】【通】【道】【之】【前】【是】【给】【矮】【人】【族】【使】【用】【的】，【现】【在】【矮】【人】【族】
“【上】【官】【锦】，【我】【只】【让】【你】【听】【到】【了】【澈】【的】【回】【答】，【却】【没】【让】【你】【听】【的】【我】【的】【下】【一】【句】。【你】【猜】【我】【听】【到】【他】【说】【让】【你】【活】【的】【时】【候】【是】【怎】【么】【回】【答】【他】【的】？” 【木】【灵】【汐】【看】【着】【上】【官】【锦】【突】【然】【变】【的】【恐】【慌】【的】【眼】【睛】，【邪】【笑】【了】【起】【来】。 “【你】【想】【让】【我】【生】【不】【如】【死】！” 【上】【官】【锦】【看】【到】【木】【灵】【汐】【的】【样】【子】【便】【知】【道】【她】【不】【会】【有】【那】【么】【好】【心】【让】【自】【己】【安】【然】【的】【活】【着】。 “【呵】，【果】【然】【恶】【人】【的】【想】【法】【都】【是】